Is Your Hope Tank on Empty?
If you are facing life changing events, then your hope tank may be on “E” for empty.
Why does this happen to you?
And, more importantly, how do you move from being on empty to feeling full of well-being.
Shifting life events, such as,
can rearrange your feelings of well-being. Although these changes are often times a natural part of the cycle of life and temporary, they can feel permanent. Devastating life changes are going to pass; these painful and challenging events are not permanent. That’s why I use the word “event”. Focus on that fact of life. I know that in the moment they feel “ever lasting”. At some level you know there are seasons of change in which a spring time of planting, a summer of harvesting and a fall of bounty and Thanksgiving.
If you are feeling stuck, gently remind yourself at the beginning and end of the day that things will improve. Treat yourself to gentleness. Don’t get stuck in the pain of the challenging moments.
The most important questioon to ask is this:
How do you go from feeling like your hope tank is on empty to filling up the tank?
There are 7 steps to moving back into experiencing the emotionally full tank stage.
Here is what you need to do.
1. Identify the place where you want to be. It is important to be specific about what you want to feel, what you will see and experience. Write about it. Review your written visionary notes at the beginning and end of the day.
2. Find a mentor who can help you move through the changes. Support is essential for your well-being. Every successful person has one or more coaches.
3. Study with that mentor, and follow the steps. Having an accountability coach is important. The purpose of an accountability coach keeps you on track.
4. Focus on the objects, people, conditions in your life which are bringing you well-being. Make a list of what you are grateful for physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
5. When the moments of the tough thoughts and feelings knock on your door again, say, ” I hear you but I am busy at the moment focusing on the good in my life! Go away, and we’ll talk another time.”
6. One of the most important rules of energy regarding your mind is that whatever you focus on increases. The mind directs energy to your life. Whatever you focus on is like watering plants in the garden.
If you water flowers, meaning the happiness and prosperity, then happiness and prosperity will grow.
If you water the thorns, meaning the painful and difficult situations, then pain and challenges will increase.
You are not going to avoid challenges but rather face them with an awareness that they will pass. Creativity happens best with a positive approach to change.
7. Monitor your self-talk carefully. Pull out the weed like thoughts as they arise. Be prepared to redirect painful thoughts towards thoughts of well-being, creativity, growth, happiness and prosperity.
We can choose what we think. It takes mindfulness to move into the full tank mode. Is it worth the effort? I believe it is worth it to get back to the full tank from empty tank mode.
If you need support, sign up for a spiritual coaching consultation with me. Spiritual coaching is different than simple business coaching in that I intergrate your thought and emotional life with your life purpose.
I know you need to get to know me better, so I’ve placed some testimonials from past clients.